From Saturday 31 July 2021, work may resume on construction sites in Greater Sydney, subject to the principal contractor having completed the mandatory COVID-19 Safety Plan for Construction Sites in Greater Sydney. A construction site is a place at which work, including related excavation, is being carried out to erect, demolish, extend or alter a building or structure, or at which civil works are being carried out, but not work carried out in relation to a dwelling in which a person is residing. An unoccupied home where works are taking place is considered a construction site.
Please note that construction sites must remain closed in the identified LGAs, unless work is urgently required for the following reasons:
- to ensure the safety or security of the construction site
- to deal with environmental risks
- to maintain and ensure the integrity of critical plant, equipment or assets, including partially completed works, that would otherwise deteriorate
- to receive deliveries of supplies that would otherwise deteriorate
- to maintain public utilities
- to ensure the safe operation of existing transport infrastructure
- by or on behalf of NSW Health in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- because of an emergency.
Only workers required to undertake the above works are permitted on those sites.